POST NO. 33: TOOTH TRIVIA


How about some rock star tooth trivia? You'll be hard pressed to find a musician with worse teeth than Shane MacGowan. But, other musicians have suffered when opening their mouths in public, too. What founding member of Buffalo Springfield lost his bid to become a member of The Monkees to Peter Tork because the producers didn't like his teeth? If the picture above wasn't a large enough clue, here's the answer: Stephen Stills. It's true, so file that nugget away for future reference.

I think things worked out well enough for Stills in the long run. Hopefully, things will work out well for me, too, as I've got an unfortunate appointment with an oral surgeon on Monday. Now I don't have bad teeth, but I do have one in particular that needs to go, due to a deterioration that's been going on for years. And while I'm getting the gas, the doc is also going to yank out a remaining wisdom tooth. So, I doubt I'll be in much of a mood to write about music over the next few days.

In the meantime, here's a sugary sweet pop tune from Mouse & the Traps to give you a surefire cavity. I've written about these guys in the past, so click here for that. For now I'll just restate that I can not get enough of this tune. The organ is simply fabulous, and the song itself has Number One Hit written all over it. How it failed to climb the charts is just beyond me. Anyway, enjoy.

Mouse & the Traps - "Cryin' Inside"

For more on Mouse, see this.

2 Comments:

Blogger greymatter said...

I hope your recovery is going well! It's funny that you just posted about the Springfield and Stills... I literally just read that section in Young's bio "Shakey" before I checked in here. Funny stuff.

9/27/2005 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tune. I got turned onto this band by that GetLevitation blog of yours.. Thanks!

9/29/2005 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home